|Talon motor mount|
To mount the EDF flanges to them, I fabricated a mounting bracket to use as a clamp. I used an old license plate frame that I cut into four equal length parts and drilled matching holes in:
|Four mounts cut from a discarded license plate frame|
|Drilled and mounted to EDF with motor bracket|
|Mounted to quadcopter frame|
I filmed a new test flight with the modifications. I wasn't really thinking about the fact that I was filming during the flight, or I would have put more effort into keeping it closer to me. Overall, it flies really well. It has a slight left yawing tendency, but I suspect that is because I haven't really done anything to precision align the EDFs. (I just eyeballed them and clamped them down.)
I avoided using 100% power to see how it did on flight time. With the flying you see it used about 70% of the battery life in just over 5 minutes. So, not bad!