This abandoned and boarded-up elementary school sits in one of the oldest neighborhoods in Atlanta. The school was built in 1912.
The magnificent three story main school building was designed by prominent local architect Edward Dougherty. The school auditorium was clearly designed as a multi-use facility, incorporating access from the street as well as the school, a ticket window in the entrance hall, a projection booth, and a really deep stage.
The surrounding neighborhood was designated a historic district by the Atlanta Urban Design Commission in 1994.
Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/phreakmonkey/sets/72157652744796643